After all the hard work you put in to your website you should find out how it ranks compared to your competitors. You might be missing out on potential customers. Find out why below:
– How we use rank. When you move to a new area and need services you search online for “plumbers + location.” The search engine finds the site that talks the most about that topic, in that specific location and then ranks the results. And you click on the first 3-5 websites to answer your question.
How does this effect your business website?
– How to find your rank. Go online and enter your job title (for example: plumber) and your city and state and hit enter (this is an organic search). See where your business comes up on the results page compared to your competitors. The website at the top is the #1 ranked website for that question. What is your rank?
You want your business site to come up first or second in the search results.
Why? Do you scroll to the bottom of the results page for the answer to your question?
I don’t and neither will your customers.
– Why rank is important. If your business is #11 on the results page, chances are few people will know that your website is there, unless they search for it by name. Or if they know the address. You want your website to be seen by as many people as possible. Who knows who your next customer could be.
How is your website helping your business if no one can see it or it is difficult to find?
It is kinda like, if you study really hard for a test and answer all the questions right, but you never hand your paper in to the teacher, how will anyone see all the hard work you did?
Don’t let your hard work go to waste. Find your rank and then find ways to improve it.
Ideas to increase your ranking on a search engine
– Share consistent content.
– Establish your authority in a certain subject on social media.
– Use specific keywords to help you increase your Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
Let me know if you would like to hear more ideas for your site. Or share what works for you below.